Sunday, December 6, 2015

Waiting Patiently

We are still waiting patiently on a couple of documents.  Which means we will not be able to submit our dossier (paperwork) to the Ministry of Social Policy in Ukraine until January.  The cutoff date is December 10.  The good news is, our facilitator is bringing a group of children to the USA to be hosted for Christmas and I will be able to send my dossier to her here.

Yes, I have been bumming over the wait and reminding myself daily how God has this.  He sees what I can't but it still feels so disheartening to work so hard, to get it all together, to then have to sit and wait.  So I have been finding comfort in His word.

 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait expectantly.  Psalm 5:3 

And remembering that sweet girl across the pond who has been waiting much longer than I have. She knows she has a family coming but I wonder if she knows what that means.  We are not sure of her background; how old was she when she came to the orphanage; did she get to experience being in a family before the orphanage; did she get to look in to the eyes of a mother who loved her so?

I pray daily for God's protection over her.  That her heart and mind will be guarded.  That she goes to bed every night knowing that soon we will be there.  Hoping someday she will look in this mama's eyes and know that my love for her is a fierce love; a love that is forever; that doesn't give up or let go.

~Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment