Monday, August 31, 2015

I Have to Brag on My Sweet Kids

My sweet kids get it!  They know what it means to love the orphan, to pursue bringing another sister home!  They come home from school saying can I ask so and so if they want to buy a t-shirt or bracelet so we can get A home.  I hate that we have to try and fundraise because Gary and I don't like feeling like we need help.  But boy am I proud of my kids for seeing the need and wanting to help.

The Bible says in James 1:27 - Religion that God our father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

The statistics for the Ukraine orphan who has to leave the orphanage at age 16 or 17  are not good.  A few get to go to a trade school, most times not a trade of their choosing.  The majority are just left to make their way on their own with no family.  More than 50% will turn to crime or prostitution and 10-15% will commit suicide by age 18.

This just makes me want to get to A so much more.  She deserves a family who loves her and siblings who want her to be their sister and a mom and dad to call her own,  She needs to know that she is important and her life matters.  But above all this, we want her to know the awesome God we serve that has chosen this lucky family to be hers.

1 Thess 5:24 says, The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it.

I believe that with all my heart.

~Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment