Saturday, May 14, 2016

Rainy Day

Today we woke up to rain.  It was coming down fairly hard so we stayed around the apartment until about 11 am and went to lunch.  Anna is enjoying playing games on Peyton's tablet and we are just going with the flow.  We also brought a couple of the new detailed coloring books that are for adults. She has enjoyed coloring in those.  Maybe we will try bringing out the cards tomorrow.  I am hesitant about trying too many new things all at once but soon we will start trying some English.

So far I am very impressed with Anna.  She is polite and loves to give hugs to Peyton and I.  She seems very happy and thankful.  I gave her a necklace that says daughter on it.  She really liked that. She tries to do the things I show her to do but 1 minute blow drying your hair seems enough to her. Ha ha!  They just let their hair air dry at the orphanage.  When we go to eat I let her order what she wants.  So glad she is confident enough to do that as I wasn't sure how that would go because she seems so shy.  Peyton is really taking it all in and she doesn't remember that all the new things we are teaching Anna we had to teach her too.  It is so good for Peyton to see and experience.

Below is a picture from when we were out today.  The rain is making it a little cold and so we were not out long.

Please continue sending prayers our way.  We will be here at least another week and a half.  I am not adventurous enough to take the subway or bus to all the different sightseeing places.  We will just do a lot of walking on the nice days and see what we can.

~Tina

Anna appears to be unhappy but I have
decided that in Ukraine that is the face
that you have in pictures.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment